Monday, January 25, 2010

Sausage, Pepper, & Rotini Pasta


It's Italian food night! Light the candles and put on the romantic music.

One of the nicest compliments I've ever recieved about my cooking was a comment my mom made during a visit a couple of years ago. She said, " You're on Weight Watchers? I feel like I'm eating at a fancy spa." That's what I want each day for my husband. Healthy food that tastes so delicious that it rivals a restaurant. This is one of those recipes to keep in your repertoire if you have the same goal as me.

Sausage, Pepper, & Rotini Pasta
1 1/2 hot Italian sausage links
4 oz rainbor rotini pasta
3 bell peppers - red, yellow, and green - sliced into strips
1 garlic clove, chopped
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp dried basil
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt

Slice hot Italian pepper into slices and brown in a skillet with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Meanwhile, start boiling the water for the pasta, but be sure to add some salt to flavor the water. When the sausage pieces are brown on both sides, transfer them to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Saute the pepper slices and garlic until tender-crisp in the remaining olive oil. Boil the pasta to al dente and drain. Combine the sausage pieces, peppers, basil, and Parmesan. Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment