Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Momma's Meatloaf

When my husband and I were dating, he didn't think he liked meatloaf. This recipe converted him... We still laugh about the family meatloaf that was responsible for his early belief that he didn't like meatloaf. It was made with fatty ground beef and extra lard. When we were driving to the family event, he told me I needed to stir the impending meatloaf around on my plate, but not eat any. He was smiling, so I laughed, thinking he was being funny. Then, I ate every morsel of the meal. That was the last time I was a member of the Clean Plate Club. My stomach, no my entire abdomen, hurt for hours. The only time I suffered from more abdominal pain was during labor...


A word to the wise: when my husband says not to eat something, don't eat it (even if he was smiling).


Momma's Meatloaf
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 bell pepper, diced (red is the sweetest, but green is fine)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 c Italian bread crumbs
1/3 c catsup
1/4 c egg substitute
1 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper
Mix all the ingredients when they are room temperature and bake for one hour at 350 degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment